Organized Charm: NYNL Day 8: Reevaluate Your 10-Year Plan

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

NYNL Day 8: Reevaluate Your 10-Year Plan



Remember that time you spent 20 minutes writing out a 10-year plan because some crazy girl online told you to? Well, today (if you didn’t burn it out of embarrassment afterwards) we are going to get those back out and read them. Don’t cringe. 

When I read over mine for the first time, I could not stop laughing. It was nothing short of that J. Crew/MasterCard commercial that aired during Christmas. It was seriously ridiculous. 

But do you want to know what else I noticed about it? Not many of the things on the list were things that I wanted. In fact, I would say that almost all of them were things that other people told me they wanted for my life. 

Apparently, ever since I was a little, I’ve been keeping a mental inventory of every time someone else tells me I that should do this, or I’d be really great at that. And do you know where all those comments ended up? In my original 10-year plan! 

I never even realized it until I went back and reread it.

So, today, do this: 

Take out your original 10-year plan and compare it to your lists of things that you want to keep in your life and that you want to improve. 

If you did what I did and put a bunch of crazy stuff in your plan that doesn’t coincide with those lists, then rewrite your “big picture” into whatever YOU want it to be! :)


{If you are reading this for the first time, you can check out what it’s all about here}

Source:
Goal Setting- Powerful Written Goals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...