Organized Charm: NYNL Day 19: Get the Tools You Need

Sunday, January 19, 2014

NYNL Day 19: Get the Tools You Need



Today, get the supplies that you need to help you follow your plan. 

Whether it’s a notebook, planner, tiny calendar, big calendar, Excel spreadsheet, whatever you choose. 

Is it going to be color-coded in any way? Then get the pens/markers/colored pencils to do that. 

Do you need Post-it’s or Washi Tape for to-do lists, checkpoints, or tentative dates? Then grab those! 

Today is just a day to figure out what kind of plan works well for you. 

Look at the other plans that you follow… like a daily to-do list. How do you get things done now? Do you use an app? A notepad? Minions? (And do you know where I could find some?)

Whatever is working for you now will probably work for you in the future as well. 

Here is what I did:

In my computer, I created a file in Word Notebook just for my goals. I set up a color-coded tab for each of my 4 big goals. Under each tab, I have my 10 year plan, 5 year plan, 2.5 year plan, 1 year plan, 6 month plan, 3 month plan, 1 month plan. Of course, this will be easy to edit as time goes by. It will also be a way for me to quickly reference the small tasks that I need to complete each week… those dates then go in my planner.

In my planner, I decided to use gray/silver for my goals & checkpoints. I placed those dates in my planner using silver washi tape… which I’m currently using to help me try to be more spontaneous (it’s not working). 

Basically, today is an excuse to spend your life savings in the office supply aisle in Target. ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...